What is All-On-6 treatment concept?
The All-On-6 treatment concept is a cost-efficient, graftless solution that provides patients with a fixed full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery.
How do All-on-6 work?
The procedure creates a permanent prosthesis by using 6 dental implants which act as an anchor for a bridge or over-denture. Six implants are placed in the lower or upper jawbone to permanently anchor prosthetic teeth in place.
How you’ll get treated with All-on-6 dental implants?
- On the initial appointment we’ll take Impressions, photographs, 3D Xrays, medical and dental history in order to analyse your case and make a treatment plan. During this visit we’ll analyse your bone and anatomy,and discuss the best treatment options and cost.
- On the Second appointment we’ll place the implants and take impressions so that the lab can make the provisional(temporary teeth), which is placed on the same day. Then we’ll give the patients instructions on how to brush correctly, what to eat and what to avoid.
- After healing, we’ll remove the temporary teeth, and replace them with metal-ceramic teeth.
Who can get All-On-6?
This procedure is not recommended for smokers or diabetics. Patients must be free of periodontal disease and other oral health problems and have enough bone to support implants. If you have lost bone volume (a common problem when teeth are missing), Dr. Ali Younes can perform a bone graft. Candidates should be in good overall health and commit to good oral hygiene practices prior to and following implant placement to avoid future complications.
The treatment is recommended for patients with a Denture, or who are planning to have any remaining teeth removed and replaced with implants. The All-on-6 treatment offers a stable, long-term, alternative to traditional dentures.
Benefits of All-on-6:
- More robust that all-on-4
- Full-arch rehabilitation with only Six implants
- Immediate Function For patients meeting criteria for immediate loading of implants
- A Graftless procedure Bone grafting is avoided by tilting the posterior implants, utilizing available bone
- Rapid improvement in quality of life A fixed full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery quickly leads to improved patient satisfaction – with regards to function, esthetics, sense, speech and self-esteem.
- Shorter treatment times Tilting of the posterior implants avoids the need for time-consuming bone grafting procedures, while immediate loading shortens time-to-teeth
- Lower costs The concept is the least costly in comparison with conventional implant treatment modalities of the edentulous and soon-to-be edentulous jaw.
Risks and Benefits
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks. These include risk of infection, bleeding, swelling, and risk of implant failure if the restoration is not placed correctly. The risks are low, however, if your procedure is performed by a highly skilled and experienced Dentist such as Dr. Ali Younes.
Implants eliminate the need for bridges and the risks that come with this procedure to replace missing teeth.
Same-day implants allow for a greatly reduced treatment period. Implants and your restoration can be placed in just one appointment, and you do not have to wait through the osseointegration process as you would with traditional dental implants. Same-day implants provide you with immediately improved function and appearance of your smile. Your new denture will not cover your palate, and it will be permanently fixed in place. You will brush it like your natural teeth, and it will look and feel like your own original teeth.
Frequently asked questions:
Diabetics can get Implants!
but keep in mind diabetics are at high risk of bleeding and gum disease, which might lead to implant failure.
As long as your blood sugar is maintained at an acceptable level, there shouldn’t be too much risk
Depending on your case, teeth can be placed immediately on the same day of the operation or after a few months
Not necessarily, we can provide provisional or temporary teeth.
No, you’ll be put under local anesthesia, and wont feel a thing.
After the operation you might feel a mild discomfort, which will disappear in a couple of days.
If you follow your doctors advice and proper brushing and oral hygiene are maintained the implants should last a life time.
During the initial healing period, you’ll be put on a soft diet for a couple of months, then you can go back to eating normally, but you should avoid very hard foods such as nuts.
Yes, but it will increases the possibility of a failed Implant, we advise you reduce or stop smoking as soon as possible, if you are considering implants.
For Smokers considering implants, they should begin reducing they’re cigarettes to at least 3 per day or stop smoking for 2 months prior to the operation and stop completely for 3 weeks after the operation.
Yes, no one will be able to tell that you had implants.
There is always a 2-3% chance that an implant might fail, but don’t worry, all our implants are covered by a lifetime warranty and will be replaced in case of failure.
The operation will usually last between 30 minutes to 2 hours for each jaw.
Yes, we can make Immediate implantation after extraction in one operation.
At Younes Dental Clinic, we always try to educate our patients, so that they can make an informed decision. That’s why we would like to remind our patients that implants are like real
teeth and require commitment to follow our instructions and advice, and always brush and clean after each meal, and we are more than happy to discuss other alternatives to help them achieve their desired outcomes.